Beware! Lots of trailers and some graphic stuff ahead! As we near fall and October, the bestest month of the year, I decided to make a list of the horror movies scheduled to come out over the remaining months of the year that I am most looking forward to. Nothing is set in stone so most of these movies could slip into 2015 or beyond, but I choose to be hopeful. I'm going to leave out some fairly high profile movies because they just are not my thing, but feel free to post them in the comments. Here is my top ten:
10. At the Devil's Door-This one is available on Amazon right now for a steep pre-release price, but I have to say it is worth it. The story follows three women as they run afoul a nasty demonic entity. The movie mixes a quiet atmosphere of unsettling dread with freaky scares to create the best demonic possession movie I've seen this year. Well worth your time.
9. Housebound- A horror comedy about a young woman placed under house arrest in her haunted home. This one looks like a great combination of funny and scary.
8. Annabelle-Creepy dolls and a big budget(by horror movie standards) are enough to make me wonder if they can make a good movie out of a minor side story from The Conjuring. I chose this over other big releases Horns, Tusk, and Ouija even though I think Horns and Tusk will be better movies. I just like creepy dolls.
7.Live-in Fear-I'm hyped about this one basically because of the retro trailer. It just looks all kinds of weird. It could be awesome, could be a low budget disaster. I'm very curious to find out.
6.7500-I'm not sure about this one, it's been bounced around for the past two years and studios have no trouble sitting on horror movies for 3 or 4 years(see All the Boys love Mandy Lane). But I've been looking forward to this one since forever. It seems to be The Ring on a plane. Hopefully it will come out this year.
5. Afterimages-I'm a sucker for anthologies, and this one looks like it has some really freaky stories.
4. The Babadook- I've heard amazing things about this one, though I'm not sure it will make it out in the US before the year is out, it's worth putting on here just in case.
3. Cybernatural- I posted the trailer for this a while back and even though there is no firm US release date, I included this movie because it looks so freaking cool. It will be interesting to see if telling the story through video chat is as effective as it looks in the trailer.
2. [rec4] Apocalypse: Due to the popularity of the series, I don't think the US release will lag too far behind the domestic release. The little I've heard about this one looks insane and awesome, I can't wait to see how they finish the series.
1. V/H/S Viral- My number one by a country mile. It's supposed to be the last installment in an insane series that I really love. The segments look and sound bonkers, hopefully this is not the end. Highly recommend catching the first two anthologies if you somehow missed them.